OmniPeek Support

Saving captures/filters when upgrading Omniengine

jpar345

Saving captures/filters when upgrading Omniengine

Postby jpar345 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:26 pm

This may have been asked before but the search function doesn't appear to work. I'm about to upgrade to OmniEngine 7.1 and need to save the current captures and filters we have configured. These are Linux boxes but I'd also like to know the method for our Windows devices if different - thanks.

DJWP

Re: Saving captures/filters when upgrading Omniengine

Postby DJWP » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:48 pm

All of your filters will be saved in an upgrade. These are saved in:

/etc/omni/filters.xml

To make sure your captures are saved, in each capture in the General capture options, make sure Save as Template is checked. Then, you can recreate all of them easily from the Home Page of the Engine where all the stored templates will be available under Captures.

Give them descriptive names so that they are easy to recognize.

jpar345

Postby jpar345 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:40 am

Thanks for the reply. I noticed the template is saved in the OmniPeek software, not on the appliance itself. Is there a way to keep the captures on the appliance after it reboots or is upgraded or you have to recreate them each time this occurs?

DJWP

Postby DJWP » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:20 am

Connect with the OmniEngine Manager, click the Configuration icon. Check the box that says "Restart Captures Automatically" Even if you lose them, you can reinstate them with one click of the mouse from the OmniPeek templates.

Return to “OmniPeek Support”