OmniPeek Support

Packet capture time values incorrect

HSinclair

Packet capture time values incorrect

Postby HSinclair » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Has anyone experienced problems with their time values (Absolute, Delta, and Relative)? I can start a capture and the time values are immediately incorrect. The Absolute time does not match the system clock (different by hours). The Delta time between packets is sometimes over an hour. The Duration field in the lower right hand corner of the display is 6 or 7 hours for a 10 second capture. I'm using OmniPeek 5.1 with a Linksys WUSB600N adapter. My PC is an IBM ThinkPad T40 running WXP SP2. My time units (Tools -> Options -> Units) is set to milliseconds / Local time.

route66

Re: Packet capture time values incorrect

Postby route66 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:42 pm

You can use Wireless Channel Aggregator to fix the problem. You can download the Wireless Channel Aggregator from MyPeek>Downloads>Adapters

https://mypeek.wildpackets.com/login.php

HSinclair

Postby HSinclair » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:17 pm

The problem appears to be the Ralink driver for the Linksys WUSB600N adapter. I've tried two Atheros-based adapters and they do not exhibit the time value issue. I can not use the Wireless Channel Aggregator because I've been told that it requires Omnipeek Enterprise. I'm using Omnipeek Basic.

route66

Postby route66 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:45 pm

This problem appears only Ralink USB driver, not Atheros-based driver. I think that if you are maintenance member, you can use the Wireless Channel Aggregator.

Do you have a MyPeek Login account for current maintenance member?

Return to “OmniPeek Support”