OmniPeek Support

Wireless Aggregator woes

hstuken

Wireless Aggregator woes

Postby hstuken » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:20 pm

Hello,

I installed that latest Wireless Aggregator (1.0.0.13) with 5.1.4b; however, when I start a capture I get nothing - in fact I can't get individual traces anymore either. I'm using a pair of Linksys WUSB600Ns.

I attempted to reset my defaults, but it wasn't until I uninstalled the aggregator that I could start getting capture data.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

-Henry

hstuken

RE: Wireless Aggregator woes

Postby hstuken » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:14 pm

Ok - apparently I had to reboot and then it started working. I don't recall reading that a reboot is required, but there you go - seems to be working great!

-Henry

Spacepacket

RE: RE: Wireless Aggregator woes

Postby Spacepacket » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:23 am

Hi Henry,

A reboot is usually not necessary, but we all know that many Windows problems are fixed that way. Anyway, I am glad it is working for you now, and thanks for lettings us know.

Are you using the Roaming Latency Plug-in as well?

-Spacepacket

hstuken

RE: RE: RE: Wireless Aggregator woes

Postby hstuken » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:10 am

Thanks for the reply. I'm well aware of the Windows reboot shuffle; however, I assume there is some kind of reinitialization that needs to happen with the virtual driver that gets installed. Is there a log of anything kind for OmniPeek? I didn't see any kind of notifications in any of the Windows logs, nor did I see a log in the Program Files directory.

I'm not using the latency plug-in yet - I'm still coming up to speed, but I'll certainly check it out!

Oh - not to overload this topic too much - but I now see 'Out of memory' notifications that pop up after installing the aggregator. This happens while capturing and after a capture. They pop up periodically, but I can't see any kind of pattern yet. This also goes back to the error log question so I could see what it's doing when this happens.

Thanks!

Return to “OmniPeek Support”