OmniPeek Support

Cisco Remote adaptor

btodd

Cisco Remote adaptor

Postby btodd » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:20 am

We are running Omnipeek Pro 6.02. I think the last version we ran was 5?

We had the Cisco remote adpator working in the last version of omnipeek but it doesn't seem to work at all now. It may be a Cisco problem because we don't see a lot of traffic arriving on the interface and 0 packets are marked as recieved by Omnipeek.

Our wism is running version 5.1.163.0
Our WCS is 5.1.64.0

We have omnipeek using Cisco remote adaptor
We have the AP configured as sniffer and pointing to our laptop
No firewall is on...

Are we missing something?? Do you know of a ciso bug?
We had it working about 6 months ago.

vic_k

RE: Cisco Remote adaptor

Postby vic_k » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:12 am

Hello, btodd and others?

Can You set different channels in 802.11a radio on WCS? My Autonomous AP blocked change manual channel settings(DFS mode enabled). Please send to me screenshot of Your WCS configuration. What model WCS and LWAP You use? And at last can You make PCAP-record of registration LWAP on WCS?

Thanks!

btodd

RE: RE: Cisco Remote adaptor

Postby btodd » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:04 pm

We turned ours off a while back. We had to reload the wism to change the config!!! Once it was working it captured everything from the controller.

We were using a b/g radio. We are using Version 5.1.64.0 WCS
Lwap is System image file is "flash:/c1200-k9w8-mx.124-16b.JA1/c1200-k9w8-mx.124-16b.JA1"

I have no idea if you can capture the registration of an lwap on the controller. I suspect not. I think it would only send ap->client and client-> ap traffic. (although I'm guessing). Probably one if the wildpacket guys can tell you all that is captured from the controller.

Return to “OmniPeek Support”