OmniPeek Support

How can I use 2nd wireless connect when OmniPeek using first

joerg

How can I use 2nd wireless connect when OmniPeek using first

Postby joerg » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:03 am

I have a Laptop(XP Professional Service Pack 3) with OmniPeek 6.02 installed and two Wireless PCMCIA-cards installed. One card (Orinoco Gold ) is used by OmniPeek, so this one is used for analysis.

The second card(Belkin) I want to use for creating Wireless connections I want to analyse using OmniPeek.

When I want to analyse the connection setup of the second wireless-card, I first start an OmniPeek capture using the first wireless connection. This works.

When I go to the 'Network Connections' and select the second wireless connection, and want to refresh the available networks or connect to the AP, the error 'Windows cannot configure this wireless connection'. It seems, OmniPeek is using also the second wireless connection.

This seems to be a bug. Could you please give advice?

joerg

RE: How can I use 2nd wireless connect when OmniPeek using f

Postby joerg » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:53 am

This may work using 'Wireless zero configuration' in Windows XP. But there are doupts, that this is a stable solution.

DJWP

RE: RE: How can I use 2nd wireless connect when OmniPeek usi

Postby DJWP » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:58 am

OmniPeek is not using the connection, it is much more likely that you have a third party configuration utility that is causing this. Either use the utility to configure the network settings, or uninstall it and use the Windows Zero-config.

Return to “OmniPeek Support”