OmniPeek Support

OmniPeek crashes instantly when clicking on a column header

bgfl-tech

OmniPeek crashes instantly when clicking on a column header

Postby bgfl-tech » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:46 am

I'm a new WildPackets customer with an OmniPeek Enterprise server and a few OmniEngines.

I've noticed some very unusual behaviour in that if I click on any column header from the 'Packets' view, which I assume lets me sort that column, OmniPeek instantly crashes ('Not responding' in Windows Task Manager).

I've tried this with a real-time capture from OmniPeek and also saved captures taken from OmniPeek and the OmniEngines and the same thing happens (even when viewing a small 10Mb capture file locally saved on the OmniPeek server).

Memory or CPU does not appear to be an issue (although both go up when OmniPeek crashes and back to 'normal' when I forcibly close OmniPeek) and I'm running Windows Server 2003 R2 Ent Edition SP2 and OmniPeek Product version: 6.5.1.0 (with the latest OmniEngine version).

After restarting the server after a crash the Windows crash report wants to submit the following two files? :-

C:\DOCUME~1\NS_NET~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\WER9680.dir00\omnipeek.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\NS_NET~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\WER9680.dir00\appcompat.txt

Any suggestions would be gratefully received as I'm hopeful resolving this issue might resolve the general instability we've experienced with OmniPeek and other unexpected crashes when viewing and manipulating captures.

TIA

DJWP

RE: OmniPeek crashes instantly when clicking on a column hea

Postby DJWP » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:10 am

We have not had any reports of this behavior, you can left-click on a column to add additional ones. We cannot reproduce this here. If you have a maintenance contract, please send a request to Tech Support:

http://www.wildpackets.com/support/contact

Return to “OmniPeek Support”