Drivers

Linksys WPC55AG version 1.3

howard.feil

Linksys WPC55AG version 1.3

Postby howard.feil » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:51 am

I have been trying to get OmniPeek demo to work with a Linksys WPC55AG version 1.3 card.

I tried the Artheros Driver v3.0.1.12 from
/support/hardware/atheros30_driver

and when I install the driver my computer no longer thinks it has the linksys card installed. I tried some of the other Artheros drivers in the OmniPeek driver folder I found after I installed the OmniPeek demo, but I also had no luck.

Any suggestions how to get my Linksys card to match a Omnipeek/WildPackets driver?

DJWP

1.3 Not Tested

Postby DJWP » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:00 am

Hello-

The only versions of the WPC 55AG that was tested by WildPackets long ago was 1.0 and 1.1. There may be changes in the 1.3 version of which we are not aware. We suggest you get a currently supported adapter:

http://www.wildpackets.com/support/downloads/drivers

howard.feil

Support cards

Postby howard.feil » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:56 am

I see your supported card page. But I find it inadequate. It doesn't get into all the card version numbers so how do you know if you are buying a supported card with support firmware and chipset revision?

DJWP

Drivers

Postby DJWP » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:10 am

The Atheros driver is a custom driver developed by WildPackets for use with their products.

It is impossible to keep up with all of the version numbers and chipset variations. We recommend you obtain one of the cards on the list.

You can also go to the Atheros product finder at www.atheros.com. This can also help you find a card that will work with the custom driver.

Return to “Drivers”