Page 1 of 1
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:38 pm
I am having trouble installing the Linksys driver. When I try to install i get the message "the best driver is already installed" so it wont let me downgrade the driver.. Any chance someone can help.. I am running Win 7 but can use vista if needed... thanks
RE: Please help
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:16 am
Here are the instructions for Win 7. Make sure to pay close attention to step #3:
1. Open the Device Manager Control Panel.
2. Select the appropriate network adapter, right-click on it, and select 'Update Driver Software'.
3. Click on 'Browse my computer for driver software'
4. Click on 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'.
5. Click 'Have disk'.
6. When you received the driver independently from the program, for instance downloaded from the WildPackets website, then browse to the folder where you unzipped the driver and select the file.
7. Click on Open and then OK.
8. Choose the appropriate manufacturer and network adapter and click on Next.
9. Click on Yes to continue the installation if you receive a message saying 'Installing this driver is not recommended because Windows cannot verify that it is compatible with your hardware'.
10. Click on 'Continue Anyway' to continue the installation if you receive a message saying 'The software you are installing for this hardware: '...' has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows Vista'.
11. Click 'Close' to complete the installation.
12. Select Yes to reboot if asked. If not asked, we recommend that you reboot the computer anyway.
RE: RE: Please help
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:33 pm
Thank you for your reply, I now get the message "The folder does not contain a compatible driver, make sure it is designed to work with 64bit system. I downloaded the rt2870 driver and have a WUSB600N - Wireless adapter with dual band ver 2... If this is not the correct adapter could you recommend one please... and thanks
RE: RE: RE: Please help
Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:06 am
There is no 64 bit driver available at this time.