Developers

Omnipeek Plugin Debugging

A place for developers to exchange information about extending OmniPeek, and ask technical questions about plugins on MyPeek, scripting, and programming.
Enzinger

Omnipeek Plugin Debugging

Postby Enzinger » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:48 am

Hi,

When writing a plugin for Omnipeek it is possible to set breakpoints and perform single step to debug plugin code, which is really useful.
(The plugin needs to be compiled in debug mode of course)

But if the plugin causes an exception (e.g. access to invalid pointer) the plugin will be deactivated immediately by Omnipeek instead of stopping in VisualStudio. Hence it is not easy to find the location in my code which causes the error.

Is there any way to tell Omnipeek to not deactivate plugins automatically and let VisualStudio show the location of the exception?

Sample code:

// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// OnProcessPacket
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
int
CpeekPluginContext::OnProcessPacket(PluginProcessPacketParam* ioParams)
{
int i;
i = *(int*)0x03339933; // <--- VisualStudio should stop here when running plugin in debug mode
return PLUGIN_RESULT_SUCCESS;
}
Last edited by Enzinger on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spacepacket

RE: Omnipeek Plugin Debugging

Postby Spacepacket » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:42 am

Go to Debug->Exceptions, and click the checkbox next to "Win32 Exceptions". The debugger will then break at the error in your plugin, instead of throwing back to OmniPeek.

loreliaxy

RE: RE: Omnipeek Plugin Debugging

Postby loreliaxy » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:28 am

How to debug the basketball bugs barged into this section? i 'm think of millions of science and mathematics kiddies overtaking basketball section with science and maths Qs, these bugs will die their own death, if that happens!

Return to “Developers”