Developers

Sending Packets for a fixed amount of time

A place for developers to exchange information about extending OmniPeek, and ask technical questions about plugins on MyPeek, scripting, and programming.
pkiran

Sending Packets for a fixed amount of time

Postby pkiran » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:42 pm

Hi,
I'm looking for sending packets using Omnipeek for a fixed amount of time (for example 5 mins).

Currently using the "Send Window" we can set packet/burst and Delay between the bursts. Then there are two buttons "Initiate Send" and "Transmit One".

I need something like this: Send 1 packet every 2 seconds for 5 mins.

I also looked at "PeekPlayer" it also doesn't have this feature.

Can someone suggest me how to do this with a plugin?
Also point me to example plugin source code to do send packets?

Thanks and Regards
Kiran

DJWP

RE: Sending Packets for a fixed amount of time

Postby DJWP » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:44 am

This feature is not supported in OmniPeek at this time. If you are a maintenance customer, you can get access to resources (including developer kits) on MyPeek:

https://mypeek.wildpackets.com/welcome.php

Spacepacket

RE: RE: Sending Packets for a fixed amount of time

Postby Spacepacket » Thu May 06, 2010 11:03 am

We do not have a sample posted on MyPeek that sends packets, but the DoSendPacket() function of the plug-in API is pretty easy to use. It is documented here:

https://mypeek.wildpackets.com/document ... /index.php

Keep in mind, that DoSendPacket() sends the packet through the adapter that Windows is bound to. You can configure Windows to use a specific adapter, but you cannot specify the adapter through the function.

Based on your requirements, it sounds the PeekPlayer Plug-in was pretty close to working for you. It does have a Delay feature to specify low long to wait between each packet, but it does not have a "how long to play for" feature.

-Chris

Return to “Developers”