OmniPeek Support

Error Code 0x8004294D

jdd0022

Error Code 0x8004294D

Postby jdd0022 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:49 am

Hi there,

Still new to the world of wildpackets. We have a Wildpackets omniengine server and 2 copies of omnipeek enterprise connect.

There are 6 network adapters, as we've only begun using wildpackets. I have one adapter set to receive packets from sent to the firewall port on the same switch through port mirroring. However when I set this port mirror I lose connection to the omnipeek engine and cannot access it to start the capture. I have tried giving a different network adapter a static IP and telling it to only connect through that port in the omnipeek wizard then choose just the "mirror port" adapter for the capture but I still cannot connect so I can't do that. If I kill the mirror port rule I can connect automatically no issues. What am I doing wrong. The error I receive is: Error Code 0x8004294D

Waiting for my maintenance contract to get renewed, will be calling support once it is, until then figured I would post here. Thanks!

JD

DJWP

RE: Error Code 0x8004294D

Postby DJWP » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:04 am

Mirror ports are not designed for networking. We suggest you use a different path for the management of the engine and just use the mirror port to send data to the capture adapture on the OmniEngine machine.

Return to “OmniPeek Support”