Developers

Configuration GUI is flickering while Window is resized

A place for developers to exchange information about extending OmniPeek, and ask technical questions about plugins on MyPeek, scripting, and programming.
krumpc

Configuration GUI is flickering while Window is resized

Postby krumpc » Thu May 19, 2011 4:15 am

Hey all,

I've developed an adapter for capturing frames in c++. Additional I designed a configuration GUI in c#. This GUI I have integrated into OmniPeeks' Configuration Tab. Therefor I build a COM Object out of the C# Form, etc. ....

Everything works fine, but I have a little problem. I set OmniPeeks' Configuration Tab as ParentWindow of the Configuration GUI. When I start resizing the OmniPeek window, all elements on my GUI start flickering. Maybe, because the GUI also changes its size....

I tried Doublebuffering Options, Repainting, ... nothing helped.

Any ideas?

Greets, Chris

Spacepacket

RE: Configuration GUI is flickering while Window is resized

Postby Spacepacket » Thu May 19, 2011 9:10 am

Not sure what the problem is. I have not developed a plug-in tab in C#. Not sure if that is the problem. Have you had any luck fixing it yet?

krumpc

RE: RE: Configuration GUI is flickering while Window is resi

Postby krumpc » Thu May 19, 2011 8:47 pm

No, I don't .. :(

But I found out some interesting facts...

I'm using OmniPeek V6.5, and when I open a standard adapter (e.g. a LAN connection of my pc) and i resize the window, OmniPeeks' toolbar on the left side of the Window (Packets, Log, Filters, Graphs, Nodes, ...... ) is also flickering, same as my GUI....

Maybe you can also try this, and tell me what you think about it...

Greets, Chris

Spacepacket

RE: RE: RE: Configuration GUI is flickering while Window is

Postby Spacepacket » Fri May 20, 2011 8:27 am

I tried that. I am not seeing any flickering. I am suspecting your video card or driver. Have you tried updating it?

Does the flicker happen with and without your plug-in? Do other applications flicker when resized?

krumpc

RE: RE: RE: RE: Configuration GUI is flickering while Window

Postby krumpc » Mon May 23, 2011 5:42 am

Hey,

I tried updating my drivers, but they were all the latest version. Any other application like Filters, etc. doesn't flicker. It's only the toolbar on the left side of the window. And this also happens without my plugin. I could send you a video of my screen if it would help you...

greets

Return to “Developers”