OmniPeek Support

Problem with Wireless Channel Aggregator

rhmoyer

Problem with Wireless Channel Aggregator

Postby rhmoyer » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:57 am

The Wireless Channel Aggregator has suddenly stopped working for me. I choose the aggregator but when I press start - no packets. I can successfully run a capture on any one of the three adapters individually but not through the aggregator.

I have a Windows XP laptop with 3 of the Linksys WUSB600N adapters. It is possible that this started happening after I started a capture with the "Continuous Capture" and "Save to Disk" options set.

I have verified the adapters are using the RALINK driver.

I have downloaded and installed the Omnipeek 5.14b upgrade and the version 1.0.0.12 Aggregator but this did not solve the problem.

This has become a valuable tool for us and I am hopeful that there is an easy fix.

Rob

Spacepacket

RE: Problem with Wireless Channel Aggregator

Postby Spacepacket » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:25 am

Rob,

Try reverting to defaults from the Options Menu. ;-)

-ChrisB

sjackman

RE: RE: Problem with Wireless Channel Aggregator

Postby sjackman » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:37 pm

I'm having *exactly* the same problem. It has been working great for me for quite some time and no matter what I try doing (reboots, reinstalled wireless aggregator, closed other apps) I'm not getting any luck.

I'll play with the options, but did that help you?

Spacepacket

RE: RE: RE: Problem with Wireless Channel Aggregator

Postby Spacepacket » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:46 pm

I have not had this problem myself, or heard of it happening around here. More details about the problem might help us to figure it out.

You might also try deleting the config file for the aggregator:

c:\program files\wildpackets\omnipeek\aggregator.xml

smukai

RE: RE: RE: RE: Problem with Wireless Channel Aggregator

Postby smukai » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:08 am

Make sure you have 'Analysis Modules' turned on (within Capture Options - > Analysis Options), or the aggregator will not work.

DJWP

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Problem with Wireless Channel Aggregator

Postby DJWP » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:56 am

What happens when you Capture to Disk is that a dialog is presented. The text says that it is assumed if you are capturing to disk, you are going to look at the data later, forensically, and not in real time. You clicked "Optimize for Capture to Disk" which disables all of the analysis options, including the Analysis Modules, which includes the aggregator. The last poster is correct. go into the Capture Options-> Analysis Options and re-enable the Analysis Modules and any others you need. Then you will see data in real time as well.

Return to “OmniPeek Support”