OmniPeek Support

Random Crashes - stability tweaks

tron2018

Random Crashes - stability tweaks

Postby tron2018 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi,

We have issues when running captures for an extended time, the server crashes. At that point we have to access our DRAC to reboot the server. We've looked at the server for issues. Updated NIC driver. Nothing in the event logs indicate what is happening.

I know this is an ad-hoc t-shooting tool, not meant to leave it running 24/7. But I was wondering what specific tweaks we might be able to do to for stability. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Romeo

DJWP

Re: Random Crashes - stability tweaks

Postby DJWP » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:27 am

Hello-

As you stated, Omnipeek was just not designed for long term capture. We would encourage you to use the Capture Engine software instead, as it was designed for this. You can contact your account representative for details.

Here are some things you might try:

1. Disable all protocols from the capture adapter. They are not needed for capturing.
2. Uninstall any unnecessary applications on the server.
3. Disable all unnecessary services running on the server.

Hope this helps-

JoePierce

Re: Random Crashes - stability tweaks

Postby JoePierce » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:49 am

DJWP wrote:Hello-

As you stated, Omnipeek was just not designed for long term capture. We would encourage you to use the Capture Engine software instead, as it was designed for this. You can contact your account representative for details.
Hope this helps-

Thanks for recommending the Capture Engine software. I was looking for a long-term capture software but wasn't aware of the Capture Engine software.

Return to “OmniPeek Support”